2014! Where to even begin…. I can’t really recap the entire year as I tend to have the memory of a goldfish! (ask me what I did this weekend…no clue!!!!) What I can say is that something awoke in me this year that I definitely hadn’t felt before. Something in my heart kept saying “This is just the beginning Azzah….you’re just getting started”. And I don’t know where that’s coming from honestly! Maybe I’ll become the superstar I always wanted to beeee!!!! Or maybe it just means that I will finally learn to scuba dive!! Maybe it is nothing but my narcissistic ramblings in my head! I don’t know!! I’m just thankful that I have this feeling so that I can push my boundaries further without fear. Let’s see what 2015 has in store! Without further babbling, here are my top 5 of 2014:
5. Getting the chance to do makeup on City TV Breakfast Television! I will never forget this day and how it meant more to me than people will know. Something so small to one person can be a huge deal to another. Thanks Vicki for letting me in on the gig!
4. I am a reader. Some years I read more than others but this year I seriously had an addiction to reading!! Out of all the books I read, my favorite was “We Were Liars” by E. Lockhart. This book made me realize that everyone can empathize with a quirky family!! I don’t want to give too much away but it’s going to surprise you, I promise!
3. Taking my nephews and niece on a camping trip at Harrison Hotsprings. Best. Vaca. Ever. Seriously.
2. Crying my eyes out at the mosque in Argentina. There wasn’t any particular reason. It just happened when I entered. It was a very humble moment for me and it definitely was something I will not forget.
And the number one moment of the 2014 was…
1. Sitting at Machu Picchu and, after finishing prayer, I made a wish for my mother and a gust of wind came rushing towards me. It may have been chance but I’d like to think she was giving me a fist bump.
There you have it folks!! Have yourself a great new year!!